oh happy days

dc

Mom, Dad how should i tell you...?

Freitag, 13. April 2012

How should i start?

I'm lying to my parents. More precisely, i didn't tell my parents i'm dating Rick. Allthough it's not unusual hiding relationships, especially chinese girls ( because chinese parents are often strick and conventional ), i'm not feeling comfortable to have this ' secret '. Because my parents and i always have a good relationship. But this time, i can't help it not telling the truth. I know they meant well saying i shouldn't date an European, or someone who's not our 'countryman'. In their opinion the mindsets of different cultures are too diverse, so in general cross cultural relationships are not ' good '.They just want me to be happy. For a long time, i was convinced they're right. Though now,  i feel confident to say different cultural mindset won't get in the way of a happy relationship. One's nature and how the person treats me is more important than anything else. It would make no sense if i'm with a chinese who's not loving me and trifling with me. Rick is so nice to me. I've never met someone (apart from my family) , who's so thoughtful and caring. I can list reams of things and it couldn't describe how cute he is. With him i feel truly safe and secure. I know it sounds crazy, but now, i really think i found  ' my real love '. Allthough i never believed in those cheesy stuff, but in some way i can feel it.
                                                   Am i too girlish, too childish, too
selfish..?

2 Kommentare:

maya. hat gesagt…

Well that's really a difficult situation. I don't know what I would do. Are your parents really like that or would you think, they probably could like Rikc, if the know him?
I would love to help you, but I don't know, what you could do...
Anyway, Good Luck and I hope you'll make the right decision

ShuKii_ hat gesagt…

I've got the same problem, too.. Well, not the same, my boyfriend is a vietnamese, like me, but the fact that I HAVE one is such unbelievable for my parents, especially for my mum. We kept our relationship in secret but finally they found out & they've forbidden me to see him again.. Well but do you think they would accept it when they see how happy you are with him? (Btw.. Do they know him?) You're not a little girl anymore, so you'd know best who and what is good for you. So.. Wish you good luck!